Pickled Radishes are crunchy, salty, sweet, and tangy and made in 10 minutes! They make a delicious snack and add sparkle to savory, spicy dishes like pork belly tacos, banh mi, and Korean Fried Chicken.
Rice Vinegar gives these pickled radishes their zing and honey a slight sweetness. Many pickled radish recipes call for white vinegar, but I’ve found that rice vinegar makes them even better. It’s less sharp, adds depth and pairs perfectly with honey. They’re pleasantly salty with a hint of garlic and you can make them spicy in a snap by adding a chili pepper or two.
There are a couple of benefits to pickling liquid that isn’t heated: one, it’s ridiculously easy; two, the pickled vegetables are even crisper because they are entirely raw as they have not had hot liquid poured over them. For pickled radishes and refrigerator pickles, it makes a big difference in texture.
I like to enjoy these within a month, though some recipes claim up to three. The radishes get stronger over time and fade in color as they turn the pickling juice a rosy pink.
Other Quick Pickled vegetable Recipes to Try
- Refrigerator Pickles (These are for those who love dill and want their pickles to have intense flavor! So easy, you don’t even have to boil water.)
- Pickled Red Onions (I love to pile these on Lamb Shawarma!)
- Pickled Asparagus (Always a favorite and, remember, tips down! 🙂 )
- Pickled Beets (These are honey sweetened and always a hit!)
- Giardiniera (Italian pickled vegetables – totally addictive!)
How to Make Pickled Radishes
Step 1: Thinly slice one bunch of radishes and place with one clove of garlic in a pint jar.
Step 2: Whisk together rice vinegar, water, salt and honey until honey and salt have dissolved.
Step 3: Pour vinegar mixture over radishes. Refrigerate for 24 hours and enjoy for up to one month!
- 1 clove garlic peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch radishes about 9 ounces of radishes without the greens
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar unseasoned
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place garlic halves into a clean one-pint canning jar. Thinly slice radishes and pack on top of garlic in jar.
- Add rice vinegar, water, salt and honey to a 2-cup glass measuring pitcher. Whisk until kosher salt and honey dissolves.
- Pour vinegar mixture over radishes in jar, leaving a little room at the top. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pickled radishes will be ready to eat in about 24 hours. Keep refrigerated and enjoy for up to one month.
- In just 24 hours these pickled radishes will be ready to eat. Enjoy them for up to one month.
- Note that the pickling liquid will turn light red and the radish flavor will get stronger with time.
- For a spicy kick add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns, or a fresh chile pepper split lengthwise (don’t forget to wear gloves when slicing fresh chile peppers!).