You can make this hummus in less than 10 minutes. It’s wonderful with toasted pita, raw vegetables, or even as a sandwich spread. Serve this as a starter or light lunch any time or as part of a Meze.
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- small handful fresh parsley about 1/3 cup
- 1 scallion cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can cannelini beans drained (or 1 1/2 cups cooked beans if you have them on hand)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more
With a food processor running, add garlic, parsley and scallion. Let it spin away until all three are well combined and tiny – about 15 seconds.
Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth – about 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve.
Serves 4 as a starter, can be prepared a day ahead and stored in the fridge.