Make colorful and delicious Mango Avocado Salsa in minutes with just a few simple ingredients. It's perfect for dipping chips or for topping seared or grilled fish, fish tacos or even shrimp tacos!
Juicy mango, buttery avocado, crunchy red cabbage, sweet bell peppers, and zesty jalapeño are tossed with tangy lime juice, earthy cilantro, and a touch of extra virgin olive oil. It's beyond tasty and entirely versatile.
Ingredients You Need to Make Mango Avocado Salsa
- Mango: ideally a fresh, ripe mango
- Avocado: ripe, but firm enough to dice
- Red Cabbage: or green cabbage
- Red Bell Pepper: or yellow or orange sweet pepper
- Green Onion
- Jalapeño: leave the seeds for extra spice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice: about ½ lime
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
What kind of a salsa eater are you? When you dip a chip, do you scoop out just enough salsa to coat a corner? Or do you scoop so much that your chip is barely visible? I'm the latter.
I love my salsas raw, chunky, and good enough to eat straight by the spoonful. This mango avocado salsa qualifies.
When I'm planning to serve this salsa as a dip for chips, I dice all of the ingredients quite small so they're less likely to topple off (the same is true for Pico de Gallo). For topping seared fish, fish tacos or Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa, I make a coarser version.
For cutting mangoes, this mango splitter is indispensable. It's one of the few gadgets that's really worth owning. Just cut a tiny slice from the mango bottom (to make it stable on end), center the splitter over the stem and in one downward motion you'll have two beautiful halves of mango flesh separated from the core. I recommend peeling the mango before splitting it, but after is fine too. Whatever works best for you.
More mexican food favorites!
- Carne Asada (Easy and authentic! Perfect for a Carne Asada Burrito, Carne Asada Tacos and Carne Asada Steak Salad)
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork). Use leftovers for Pork Carnitas Tacos, Pulled Pork Nachos, and Pulled Pork Quesadillas.
- Shrimp Tacos (If you haven't tried these, you must! SO good!)
- Chicken Tostadas (Perfect party fare! Make them ahead or set up a tostada bar with easy, homemade Tostada Shells!)
- Mexican Corn on the Cob (Classic Mexican Street Corn!)
- Homemade Refried Beans (You'll never want beans from a can again!)
- Rice Cooker Mexican Rice (SO easy to make this quintessential Mexican restaurant side dish in your rice cooker.)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice (A lightened up version of the classic and you'd never know it! )
How to Make Mango Avocado Salsa
Step 1: To a medium bowl add diced/chopped mango, avocado, red cabbage, red bell pepper, green onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
Step 2: To mango mixture add lime juice, olive oil, cumin salt and pepper; gently toss to coat. Serve.
Mango Avocado Salsa Recipe Video
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ½ cups mango 1 large or two small mangoes) peeled and diced small
- 1 large avocado peeled and diced small
- ½ cup finely chopped red cabbage
- ½ red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño without seeded and minced, see recipe note
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To a medium bowl add first 7 ingredients (mango through cilantro).
- Add lime juice, olive oil, and cumin to mango mixture. Gently toss to coat. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.