Planning New Year’s Eve party? Here’s my game plan for a stress-free party with 25 easy New Year’s Eve Appetizer Recipes and 5 easy New Year’s Eve Cocktail recipes!
New Year’s Eve Party Game Plan:
Skip the printing and send pretty and free online invitations. Here are two great sources:
Music: set the mood with a perfect playlist.
- Be sure to include a mix of lively, soft, and nostalgic songs. (Like this 30-song playlist)
- Ask your party guests for a few of their favorite songs and add them to the mix.
Party Decor: it doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Think sparkle: white lights, mirrors under dishes, low lights, candles (LED or traditional).
Finger Foods (skip the silverware!): the mix and the quantity.
- Include savory and sweet finger-food appetizers.
- Assume that your guests will eat two or three of each of the finger foods.
- Determine the number finger food varieties based on the number of guests:
- 10 to 15 guests = 3 or 4 varieties
- 15 to 20 guests = 4 or 5 varieties
- 25 or more guests = 5 or more varieties
Cocktail (and mocktail!) quantities: better safe than sorry.
- A general rule is 3 drinks per person for every 2 hours of the party. But it doesn’t hurt to have extra on hand.
- Don’t forget your teetotaler friends and designated drivers – there are lots of fun, non-alcoholic cocktail recipes, like these and (my favorite!) Non Alcoholic Sangria.
- 1 liter of a distilled spirit yields about 22 mixed drinks
- 1 750-milliliter bottle of wine or champagne yields 6 to 8 glasses
Essential Bar Tools
- Ice Bucket with Tongs
- Ice (these giant ice cube trays are fun!)
- Shaker and Strainer
- Shot Glass or Jigger
- Small Cutting Board
- Small Knife
- Garnishes (lemons, limes, maraschino cherries, olives, bitters, etc. – depending on your choice of cocktails!)
- Cocktail Napkins
- Wine Opener
- Twist Peeler
Use the Right Glassware for your Cocktails
- Old Fashioned or “Rocks” Glasses – for drinks served with ice
- Martini Glasses – use for any ‘up’ cocktails that are stirred or shaken and strained
- Champagne Glasses, either Coupe or Flute – for Champagne (or sparkling wine) and Champagne Cocktails
25 Easy New Year’s Eve Appetizer Recipes:
Savory Finger Foods
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Pork and Vegetable Crispy Baked Egg Rolls
Spicy Deviled Eggs
Baked Camembert topped with Cranberry & Orange Compote
Savory Palmiers with Brie and Cranberry
Tuna Sashimi and Avocado Wonton Cups
Smokey Spiced Walnuts
Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Feta
Mini Chicken Tostadas
Easy Spicy Pork Meatballs
White Cheddar Crisps with Rosemary and Black Pepper
You Can’t Go Wrong with Crostini
Blue Cheese Crostini with Pecans and Honey
Brie Crostini with Cherries and Arugula
Caprese Crostini with Pesto
Roasted Acorn Squash Crostini with Crispy Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
Feta and Lemon Crostini
Parsley Pesto and Burst Heirloom Cherry Tomato Crostini
Apple Crostini with Fig Jam and Pecorino