Christmas is a wonderful time to spend with your loved ones. It's also a busy time of year that can feel stressful and even overwhelming. The great news is that planning ahead and dividing the work can make the time fun for everyone.
This Christmas menu planner simplifies the process of planning your meals so that you can feel prepared to relax and actually enjoy your holiday season. Whether you're planning a traditional menu or want to try something new, you'll find dishes to delight everyone at your table. And not just for Christmas dinner, but for breakfast / brunch, lunch, and snacks, cookies, and cocktails too!
- Christmas Mains
- More Desserts
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Menu 1 - Traditional Christmas Menu
- Menu 2 - Quick and Easy Christmas Dinner for 4 to 6 People
- Menu 3 - Romantic Christmas Menu for 2
- Menu 4 - Southern Christmas Menu
- Menu 5 - Vegetarian Christmas Menu
- Menu 6 - Pescatarian Christmas Menu
Whether it's a turkey or seafood that takes center stage at your holiday table this year, there's plenty to choose from. From classic dishes like Dry Brine Turkey and Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb to new twists on old favorites like Lasagna with Cottage Cheese, there is something here for every palate.
What would Christmas dinner be without potatoes? Here you'll find great Christmas potato recipes that will help get everyone on board with the holiday spirit! From buttery Fondant Potatoes and Creamy Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes to family favorite Cheesy Potatoes to twists on classics like Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes. These dishes are guaranteed to bring out the best in the most cherished root vegetable.
Some say that the side dishes at Christmas are what they most look forward to. Maybe you feel that way too? From traditional sides like Cornbread Dressing to quick and easy Turkey Gravy without drippings, you'll find plenty of inspiration for filling out your menu.
Why not serve something light and refreshing to break up the heavier dishes on the Christmas dinner table? Green salads are a great choice, like my quick and easy Arugula Salad. But great salads can be decadent too, like Shrimp Salad or Crab Salad served as an elegant first course.
Christmastime would be incomplete without an array of cookies. They're wonderful for snacking and make the perfect edible gift. From classics like Butter Cookies and Gingersnap Cookies to fresh takes on classics like Almond Flour Sugar Cookies, you'll find something for everyone.
When you think of dessert for Christmas dinner, does pie come to mind? It's what I think of too. There's boozy rich Chocolate Rum Pie for the chocolate lovers (with a classic Lard Pie Crust) and feather light Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, a sophisticated twist on traditional pumpkin pie that is no bake (except for 5 minutes to bake the Gingersnap Crust). A convenient choice when demand is high for oven time!
Beyond pie and cookies, there are endless other desserts that are perfect for Christmas, from Chouquettes (French pastry sugar puffs) to Chocolate Panna Cotta. There's even a recipe for Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk that will have you skipping the canned variety for good.
Whether you're after a decadent breakfast for Christmas morning, like Breakfast Quiche with Crispy Breakfast Potatoes or something on the lighter side like Banana Oatmeal Pancakes or a make ahead option like Banana Oatmeal Muffins or Savory Crepes, you'll find inspiring choices here.
Christmas cocktails are a festive way to kick off a fun evening with loved ones. Maybe this year it's a French 75 or a classic Peach Bellini? And don't forget refreshing Non Alcoholic Sangria for those designated drivers.
Appetizers and Snacks
When planning your Christmas menu, don't forget about appetizers and snacks. From classic Sugared Pecans to elegant Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus or rounds of creamy Baked Goat Cheese, you'll want to serve a few inviting nibbles.
Menu 1 - Traditional Christmas Menu
- Breakfast - Brioche Cinnamon Rolls
- Cocktail - Boulevardier Cocktail and/or Non-Alcoholic Sangria
- Appetizer - Bacon Wrapped Scallops or Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Main - Dry Brine Turkey and Turkey Gravy or Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Potato - Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes or Mashed Red Potatoes
- Salad - Wedge Salad
- Bread - Brioche Rolls
- Dessert - Chocolate Rum Pie or Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with a Gingersnap Crust
Menu 2 - Quick and Easy Christmas Dinner for 4 to 6 People
- Cocktail - Peach Bellini
- Appetizer - Green Olive Tapenade with Crostini or Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Main - Herb Roasted Chicken or Turkey Roulade for a make ahead option
- Potato - Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes
- Vegetable - Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- Dessert - Apple Crisp
Menu 3 - Romantic Christmas Menu for 2
- Cocktail - French 75 Cocktail
- Appetizer - Crab Salad
- Main - Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops or Pan Fried Lamb Chops or Duck Confit
- Potato- Fondant Potatoes or Mashed Red Potatoes
- Salad - Arugula Salad
- Dessert - Affogato or Chocolate Panna Cotta
Menu 4 - Southern Christmas Menu
- Cocktail - The Last Word Cocktail
- Appetizer - Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce for dipping and/or Bacon Wrapped Shrimp or Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Main - Dry Brine Turkey with Turkey Gravy
- Potato- Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes or Brabant Potatoes
- Sides - Cornbread Dressing or Cornbread Pudding, Shrimp Remoulade, Homemade Biscuits or Brioche Rolls, Roasted Fall Vegetables
- Dessert - Chocolate Rum Pie with Lard Pie Crust
Menu 5 - Vegetarian Christmas Menu
- Cocktail - Peach Bellini and/or Non Alcoholic Sangria or Cucumber Lemon Mint Water
- Appetizer - Green Olive Tapenade with Crostini and/or a raw vegetable platter
- Main - Rapini with Raisins and Hazelnuts or Charlie Bird Farro Salad
- Soup - Delicata Squash Soup
- Vegetable - Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- Dessert - Easy Coconut Macaroons or Peach Clafoutis